3.25.2007

A Tale of Two Babies



Trouble doesn't find Mary. She goes looking for it. Annie was the opposite. You know that entire aisle of Babies R' Us that is intended to scare the HELL out of you? The one with outlet covers, gates, handle covers and barbed wire? Never went down it when Annie was a baby. Never had to. But with Mary? We're going to need 2 carts.

She got put in time out this week at "school". Miss Pam said that she would not stop unpacking the diaper changing area. All of the babies' wipes, diapers and creams kept ending up in a floor with Mary in the middle, smirking. So she got a time-out.

She's stealth, too! You think by her hugs and calm demeanor that she won't give you a moment's trouble, but then you turn your back for a moment only to realize she's got the aim and flame up to a cigar that's been jammed in the cat's mouth. Or somesuch.

Do you watch Intervention on A&E? They moved it to Friday nights. As I joke weekly (to the amusement of only myself), I need an Intervention intervention. I am addicted to it. What rips my heart out nearly every week is when they show the childhood pictures of the addicts. And they could me anyone's kids; happy, mugging for the camera, celebrating this holiday or that. And yet, what they become...well, it's hard to imagine.

Ever since I went back to work, oh, and maybe even before, I have had no time. I don't have time for that. Or that. Where does the time go?

No comments: